Sonata by Steelcase
Privacy Without Isolation
Sonata solutions promote privacy for patients while making room for family. Sonata also helps support workflow among clinicians, providing easy access to patients, supplies and technology. Product choices can be tailored to the needs of each environment. And because change happens, Sonata can be easily reconfigured or added to over time.
Sonata’s modules combine to create a treatment environment that supports evolving work processes and space requirements.
Sonata helps support the connections that can lead to better healthcare experiences. Clear sightlines ensure constant access to clinicians and offer opportunities to interact with fellow patients as desired. Sonata makes room for friends and families who are present to support their loved one during treatment.
In Reach, Out of Sight
With Sonata, everything is in its place, right where it’s needed.
- Convenient access to power.
- Storage for tools
- Waste bin storage that is hidden but easily accessible.
- Surfaces that are at appropriate heights for standing work.
Warm + Welcoming
Sonata emphasizes comfort, both physical and emotional. Open personal storage provides a spot for big and small items, keeping them in sight. Places to plug in and room for a personal TV bring technology to the space, for entertainment or work. Sonata responds to the understanding that for patients, families and clinicians, it’s the small things that make a big difference.
A healthcare environment should consider the needs and activities of clinicians, patients and their families.
In many current spaces:
- Patients are separated from clinicians.
- Clinical supplies compete with belongings at the patient’s side.
- Privacy and personal space are not addressed in an environment where people regularly contend with fear, discomfort and a lack of control.
Improving the Healthcare Experience
We embarked on an extensive journey of research and design to improve the healthcare journey. We saw clinicians struggling to provide patient privacy in open treatment areas, and conversely, trying to oversee more than one patient at a time in isolated private rooms. In these environments, families and supportive friends were an afterthought.
Personal Comfort, Connection + Convenience
The relationships between people play important roles in the healthcare process. Supportive settings offer control and customization for a range of physical and emotional needs. These settings should also provide space for family members, sight lines for clinicians and privacy without isolation for patients. When people come together in meaningful ways, care is at its best.
Standard + Optional Features
- Medical supply storage
- Hands-free waste removal
- Accommodation of power
- 39″ height for standing work.
- Available as single or double sided in two models, one with three drawers and one with front access wastebin storage
- Entertainment support and storage for the patient and their guest
- Available as single or double sided
- A combination storage and seating solution
- Available as single or double sided in hinged top or open storage versions
- Hands-free access to waste removal, accommodation of power, and personal storage.
- Available as single or double sided in two models
- 36″ wide with open storage
- 48″ wide with open storage and wastebin storage with a sliding door
- Open storage for patient and care partner’s personal belongings
- Available as single or double sided
- Common base is shared by all modules,
- Available in a variety of widths to accommodate any product combination.
- Acts as a utility chase for the modules on it
- Seals the application to the floor by accommodating cove molding
- Sheer Leaf Medium 6525
- Mulberry Tissue 6526
- Sugarloaf Maple 2570
- Almond Cherry 2571
- Samba Cherry 2572
- Cognac Cherry 2573
- Dark Rum Cherry 2574
- Shiraz Cherry 2575
- Flamenco Cherry 2576
- Laminate top surfaces also available in Steelcase laminate finishes.
- Champagne 4750
- Antarctica 2972
- Linen 2973
- Canvas 2974
- Bisque 2975
- RTF available on top surfaces and Nurse Server pull-out surfaces.