QtPro by Steelcase
A Sound Comparison
QtPro is a direct-ﬁeld sound masking system that is more efﬁcient and effective than the older, traditional in-plenum systems.
A Sound Choice
QtPro is a complete enterprise solution supporting multiple zones. A variety of control modules and volume adjustable emitters help ﬁne-tune the appropriate solutions for ofﬁces from thousands of square feet to hundreds of thousands of square feet. In addition to sound masking, QtPro supports music and paging. Network control provides the ability to adjust volume levels and access advanced features over a local network.
QtPro vs. Plenum-Based
QtPro uniformly disperses a pre-tuned sound masking signal directly into the workspace. The result is a consistent sound throughout the space that is easily achievable without the complex tuning.
Contrarily, plenum-based sound masking systems use speakers above the ceiling to project sound upward. Obstructions in the plenum (above the ceiling) affect how and where the sound filters back into the workspace. The result is an inconsistent and unpredictable sound field.
Noise in the Workplace
Noise in the Workplace
Noise and lack of speech privacy can create a workplace full of distraction.
It’s not a new problem, just a persistent one. Recent studies demonstrate that noise and speech privacy (even more than noise) top workers’ lists of complaints. Studies also indicate that workers feel their productivity would improve if their ofﬁces were less noisy and offered improved speech privacy.
Sound masking can help. The addition of sound masking to a workplace can help reduce distraction and improve speech privacy.
360 Magazine: Too Much Noise
In offices, irritating noise can come from all kinds of sources: air conditioning, obnoxious ringtones, traffic, nearby construction, unsophisticated sound-masking systems and—especially—from other people’s voices, says Julian Treasure, chairman of a United Kingdom-based consultancy, The Sound Agency. Noisy environments tend to only get worse over time, because people start speaking louder as it gets noisier around them (known as the Lombard effect).
Standard + Optional Features
- Height: 3.5″, width: 7″, depth: .875″
- One Zone Control Module. Supports up to 120
- emitters covering up to 12,000 square feet.
- Height: 3.5″, width: 11″, depth: 3.8″
- Three Zone Control Module. Supports up to 360
- emitters covering up to 36,000 square feet.
- Height: 3.5″, width: 13.5″, depth: 3.8″
- Six Zone Control Module. Supports up to 720 emitters covering up to 72,000 square feet.
Qt Room Control
- Width: 3.5″, height: 2.5″
- Offers users greater flexibility in laying out their Qt system.
- Allow users to reduce the volume level of an individual emitter by up to 9 dB in 3 dB decrements.
- Appropriate for individual spot adjustments, or creating micro zones down to 100 square feet (9.3 m2) of space.
- QtPro Brochure
- One Beacon
- St. Thomas
- Architectural Solutions Spec Guide – pt1
- Architectural Solutions Spec Guide – pt2
- Architectural Solutions Spec Guide – pt3
- Architectural Solutions Spec Guide – pt4
- Architectural Solutions Spec Guide – pt5
- Architectural Solutions Spec Guide – pt6
- QT Pro Technical Information